Monday, August 13, 2007

Getting Started in the Shaved Ice or Snow Cone Business…What’s Next?

So, you have decided to start your own shaved ice or snow cone business. Congratulations! Now what do you do next? Where do you start?

In the beginning, it can be a little overwhelming as you start a new business. What licenses are required? Who do you need to register with? What types of insurances are required in your state? What federal forms need to be filed? All of these questions and many more can be answered by contacting the Small Business Administration (SBA).

Start off by visiting their website ( to find a SBA office in your area. Once you have located the nearest office, go by and see how they can be of help to you. The SBA is a federal agency that can assist you with your business plan and assist you in filing the proper forms, locate loan programs, and other helpful tasks.

Another resource that the SBA provides is SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives). They have their own website which can be found at SCORE has volunteers across the nation that will give you business advice, guidance and planning tips.

We highly recommend to any new business owner that they take advantage of the services offered by the SBA and SCORE. Both of them can provide you with tremendous resources and best of all it is FREE!

No comments: